Joined: 17 Mar 2008 Posts: 1135 Playing: D&D 3.5 Running: slowly Planning: Aces and Eights: Shattered Frontier
Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:42 am Post subject: Devacon: Magic the Gathering Booster Draft sign up thread.
First of all I apologise for my absence, I have had some personal problems at home, but thankfully that is resolved now. So I would like to announce:
Devacon: Magic the gathering: Return to Ravnica Booster draft
This will take place during the Saturday 1st December (2:00 PM to 6:30PM) with the following rules
• Even table will be limited to 8 people. People will then follow standard booster draft rules http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/....aspx?x=magic/magiconline/formats
• There will be a time limit of 30 seconds/card selection, this can be quicker if everyone has made their choice.
• Minimum deck size will be 40 cards including lands
• 15 minutes will be allowed for deck construction after all cards have been picked
• There will be 5 rounds (if there are 17-32 players) 4 if less which be decided by a best of three. Maximum of 45 minutes per games. After that there will be a 5 turn countdown, whereupon highest life total will be declared the winner.
• Apart from that, standard gentlemen conduct rules apply
Entry for the draft will be £8.50, and you will get to keep all the cards you draft. At the end of the 5 rounds, a 1st 2nd and 3rd will be declared, with ties decided by Sum of opponents scores. 1st place will receive 4 booster backs as a prize, 2nd place 3 packs, and 3rd place 2 packs. There will also be at least 2 random packs given away to anyone who played all the rounds and did not win a prize.
Players are limited to 32 maximum, but signup can be at any point before then, though I will need to money from the players either on the day or before the event. Signup can be done through myself on the Chester game club forums, or by letting out event organiser know on the event website http://warhorn.net/devacon-2012/
Please also bear in mind that the tournament will be under the Chester Games Club houserule that 1 free mulligan at the start of each game.
For those of you also interested, there will be a constructed tournament on the Sunday morning (9:00AM to 1:30PM that will be in another thread.)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum