Chester Games Club Forum Index Chester Games Club
Forum inactive, contact us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/chestergames or info@chestergames.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dark Awakenings LARP

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Chester Games Club Forum Index -> LARP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

Posted:     Post subject:

Lee_Price

Planning: Dark Awakening (Changeling influenced LARP)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Dark Awakenings LARP  Reply with quote

Hi all,
I mentioned this in my welcome post, and there has already been some interest, so I thought I would sort out a topic for this LARP.

Gareth (Gar) and I have been writing a LARP based (loosely!) on Changeling - The Lost by White Wolf Publications. We have come a long way with the writing process, and are looking to start building up interest in the game as well as finding potential refs and maybe have a few people join the creative team sorting out game fluff, etc.

I will post information, fluff and drafts into this topic to keep everyone updated, so they know what is going on, and what the game is actually about.

If you are interested in playing, becoming a ref or being a part of the creative team, please let me know.

Lee
Lee_Price

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: INTRODUCTION DRAFT Reply with quote

Dark Awakenings is a High Fantasy LARP set a few hundred years in the future. It has taken influence from Changeling – The Lost by White Wolf Publications, and is a story about the struggle for survival in a world where faerie tales, dreams and nightmares are a reality.

The Fae (often referred to as The Keepers) were powerful creatures that often toyed and played with mankind for amusement, entertainment, or for sheer cruelty. However, overconfidence in their powers led to recklessness, and the Fae were undone. The Fae’s power was released across the globe sometime in the early decades of the 21st century. Every man, woman and child became trapped in a phenomenon known as the “Dreamscape”. While there, they were unknowingly forced to re-live specific moments of their life repeatedly for all time.

Some, through strength, cunning or sheer luck, managed to awaken from the Dreamscape. The magic that once trapped them turned inwards, corrupting their mind, body and soul. These are Changeling, born from a period in time known as the Dark Awakenings.

Technology in some form does still exist, but the knowledge has long since been forgotten, a side effect of the awakening. As a result, the Changeling world is a throwback to the human Dark Ages, where simple and maintainable technology is the key to survival.

The Fae, and a multitude of other creatures still lurk in the shadows, vying for power and influence over the new Changeling race. You, as a recently awakened Changeling, must fight to keep these powers at bay and for the survival of your people.

Comments are welcome...
Lee_Price

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Dark Awakenings Facebook Group Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
we now have a Facebook group here if you are interested in keeping up to date with what's going on or playing the game.

See ya!

Lee
dead

Playing: 4th ED
Planning: Riddle of Steel!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have the time to commit to another event at the moment, Im already involved in 2 larps, and occasional atendee at a 3rd that I want to go back to. Plus rebuilding a house and bike
desmyath7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the issue I had with the Gathering was well the group i wnet down with just went to cause trouble, rob, kidnap, drink, fight, etc... so the meta plot never seemed to get involved or be communicated down to the group level very well,

We provide fast success in Testking ged practice test dumps exam and sphr certification by using our Tabor College high quality prep resources. We offer up-to-dated and Southwestern College dumps with definite guarantee of network+ training success

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Chester Games Club Forum Index -> LARP All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: